The Statue of Liberty from Afar

Source
I work two jobs. Simple as that. One job I get to stay in town and be a normal person, another job has me going east coast to west coast and everywhere inbetween in a matter of days.



A few weeks back, I had the opportunity to travel to Newark, New Jersey for my second job. Since I had never been to Newark or that close to New York City, I was eager to hop on the plane and get a move on.


I wanted to go for the weekend and see the city. What adventurous young person wouldn't want to do that? Unfortunately the timing didn't work out and I literally had to hop on the same plane I had just got off of. The flight attendants were super impressed that I made the 30 minutes out of security and then back through security. Let's face it, I'm just that awesome! HA!


Fate, or something, must have been on my side that day since I ended up with a row of seats all to myself. And bonus! I just so happened to be on the right side of the plane to see Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.

While my photo doesn't compare to the one I set as the post cover *cough* crappy iPhone *cough* 4s camera, it is still damn cool to say that I've seen it.


Have you ever been to New York City and seen the Statue of Liberty?

No comments:

Post a Comment